Friday, August 29, 2008

Bounce, What Bounce?

The image “http://www.johnmccain.com/Images/HP3/ticket_main.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

I was going to blog about the Obama acceptance speech but something more exciting happened with today's new cycle. John McCain may have just totally upped the ante in this year's election. I must say I am getting really good at predicting these things. I have this friend who always confidently tells me who will be THE candidate for this or that and he hasn't been right yet.

Back during the primary season he confidently told me Rudy Giuliani would be the nominee. Wrong. I told him I liked Huckabee but thought McCain would get it. Not long ago he told me Obama would pick Sam Nunn as VP. I could not help but think, "He has got to be kidding me!" Sam Nunn is way to the right of Obama. Now to be fair, my friend never told me who would be McCain's running mate but on the same day he made his nunnsensical prediction, I was talking to someone else and when I was asked I said, "If not Gov. Pawlenty, I think Sarah Palin, the governor of Alaska. I only found out today while googling her that there was an effort to get her on the ticket. But it certainly makes sense in light of Obama's lackluster pick of Joe Biden and not Hillary Clinton.

Still a couple months to go and maybe I'm getting overly optimistic - but I think we just won.

TTFN,

Jim

No comments:

Day By Day