Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Obama - The 'Youth' President - Not So Fast

Greetings,

Everybody says Obama appeals to young people - maybe some but not all. When I picked my kids up yesterday from school - the younger kids had to watch the inauguration but older kids were given a choice. My oldest (14, 8th Grade) who HATES Math chose to do her math rather than watch Barack Obama get sworn in. I would not have minded it if she had watched, I personally watched it til noon (as an observer, not a celebrator) but I am happy that with only 1 avenue of protest given to her she exercised her right to abstain from watching - made me proud!

Locally John McCain lost by about 2,000 votes here but while we had about a 1/2 a dozen teenagers going door-to-door for the party here, I never saw any young people going door-to-door for the local Dems.

If the economy tanks and Obama raises taxes and spending, his 'Coolness' may bring a much more lukewarm response 4 years from now from children and parents alike.

TTFN,

Jim

No comments:

Day By Day