Friday, November 20, 2009

Dave Obey Points The Finger At Himself








Now call me crazy - but if I had written a really bad bill I'd do one of two things:

1) Try to fix it to redeem myself

or

2) Lay low and keep my mouth shut

Since I'm not an adviser to Dave Obey and his staff does not seem to be giving him good advice (or he is so foolish himself he isn't accepting good advice, another sign he needs to go) he is out attacking the results of his own bill. Yes, that is right, he is attacking the outcome of his own legislation. I don't know why because months ago he reassured us that mistakes would be made but, "So what" as he said right?

If Dave Obey's projected response was "So what?" then what are we worried about right?

My favorite Dave Obey fix-my-bill-before-the-people-figure-this-out quote comes from the Wisconsin Rapids Tribune:

"The inaccuracies on recovery.gov that have come to light are outrageous, and the administration owes itself, the Congress and every American a commitment to work night and day to correct the ludicrous mistakes," Obey said in a statement issued late Monday.


Translation: How dare the bureaucracy mess up my bill!














The whole thing reminds me of that passage from Holy Writ that says that a double-minded man is unstable in all his ways. To be sure the only thing that is stable about the economy Dave Obey's stimulus bill created is the rising unemployment figures and rising gold prices that are stimulated by many first-time bullion buyers who think there will be a coming economic crash. A crash caused by the new cap & trade bill, the stimulus bill, the auto bailout and our governments predilection to print money like we are making Lay's potato chips.




















TTFN,

Jim

No comments:

Day By Day