Saturday, July 26, 2008

Taking One ForThe Team

Greetings,

I'm still cooling off from a morning of door knocking and lit dropping. The day began auspiciously enough, clear skies, not too hot, not too cool - perfect for doing just about anything outdoors.

We (members of the local county party) met up with Tom Tiffany and went out door knocking about Merrill. I was with Bob, a real good guy, we took Bob's car and went up to a subdivision that had a reputation for being Republican leaning and we sized up the area and made a plan to cover it. The very 1st door I hit hit back.

The home owners themselves were nice but they had a Wasp nest near their front door and the wasps did not much like my being there. I got stun on my left arm (must have been a liberal wasp) and then on the bridge of my nose right near my glasses. OUCH!

I guess being a WASP (White Anglo Saxon Protestant) curries no favor with real Wasps (angry bees). I was offered a bag of ice (which I refused) and an Advil (which I took) from the embarrassed people who lived there. They were very gracious and said they were going to vote for Tom. Mission accomplished - I took one for Tom and the Republican Team!

Jim

BUZZZZZZZ!

No comments:

Day By Day