Friday, June 27, 2008

More Tired Iron or Why My Minivan Should Be Taking Campaign Contributions

Howdy all,

Over this week I have went to 3 different political fundraisers 3 nights in a row. Uff-da! Now they were all for good men who are doing (or will do) a good job if elected or reelected. That said, if I could, I would file papers for my minivan and throw a fund raiser for it. Why?

About 1000 rea$on$ why.

1st - It has 'carried the water' for the GOP elephant since 1998, it has driven to remote corners of rural Minnesota and Wisconsin carrying 4x8 and smaller campaign signs, re-rod, wire and bag ties. It has transported candidates and volunteers. It has idled while I knocked doors and dropped literature. It has done the grunt work where the rubber hits the road (literally) without so much as a thank-you.

2nd - Gas is $4 a gallon, 'nuff said.

3rd - My minivan has never went back on a promise and has always gotten me from point A to point B. It has never backpedaled or compromised and it only reversed it's position when I shifted into reverse.

4th - She just saw a mechanic today and it will cost @#!$%! to fix it's current problems which it incurred over 10 years of service and over 151,000+ miles.

5th - Even with all it's problems, my minivan still is easier on the pocketbook than the Wisconsin Transportation Fund, the DMV or any light rail scheme the state may conjure.

Folks in Madison, D.C. - do you hear me?

Jim

No comments:

Day By Day